Tuesday 29 August 2017

Changing gear

While rumours of my retirement have been greatly exaggerated - I wish! - it is true to say that I've passed two of my yoga classes on to another teacher, the lovely Angela, who is taking over from next week. I've taught the last session today and was overwhelmed by the kind comments, cards and generous present. My Tuesday group was my first 'proper' class after I qualified, and I shall miss them all.

However, I'm not retiring, just making space. I shall now have more time to concentrate on editing and writing jobs, and perhaps my WIP books will finally get finished. (Pause for laughter here!) I've said before that I think that September feels more like New Year than January ever does, so I've just started a week early. Mind you, there was a lovely autumnal feel to the air this morning, so perhaps the seasons have started to change. My little conker trees are starting to go orange and my tomatoes are well and truly over.

So it's onwards and upwards. I wonder what other positive changes lie in store.

10 comments:

  1. All the best with your 'new start', Julia! Exciting times ahead, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. My head is full of ideas - but I overslept this morning, which is not a good start to my Brave New World!

      Delete
  2. This is the best time of year for new beginnings, Julia, and I wish you all the best with your writing projects. Lovely photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure your yoga students will miss you more than you miss them. Congratulations on freeing up more time for your writing endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It felt very strange this morning when class time rolled round and I was still at home.

      Delete
  4. Fall is my favorite season and like you, it always feels like a fresh start. Funny I never realized that until you said it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps it goes back to the start of the new academic year. Whatever: I love autumn, and not just because my birthday is in October.

      Delete
  5. I chuckled in the appropriate place. Whatever happens, however to all pans out, I wish you well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to read and comment.

      Delete