Friday 15 September 2017

Celebrate the small things, 15.9

Well, this is easy today: Happy Birthday, Mum! I shall be heading to Staffordshire for birthday tea and cake on Sunday.

I'm also celebrating the breakthrough of a friend who, after some difficult times, was able to say out loud 'I am an artist'. So proud of her.

I'm also quite proud of myself, because I've come runner-up in the Senior Travel Expert website's latest competition, and have won the Association of Freelance Writers flash fiction comp. *blushing modestly* I'm taking part in a quiz tonight - will the winning streak continue?

Have a good weekend, folks.

If you would like to join this bloghop, send your details to laura.6eg@gmail.com  and she will do the necessary.


6 comments:

  1. Well done you! Lovely to read good things are happening to you and yours...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maria. We all need to acknowledge it when things are going well.

      Delete
  2. Awesome, but don't blush modestly...blow your trumpet. Good on you! I love quizzes. I just applied to be a contestant on The Chase Australia (I like the UK version better...but it's a but far to travel)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been on a couple of TV quiz shows and it's great fun even if you don't win. I hope you get on and beat the Chaser.

      Delete
  3. Wow! What a lot of wins... congratulations! And Happy Birthday Julia's mum 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to comment, Wendy.

      Delete