Tuesday 8 May 2018

I'm running a workshop

Not a bad place to be working
I hope you all enjoyed the Bank Holiday weekend. Is it too soon to start planning for the next one?

I hope not, because I'm excited to confirm that on Sunday 27 May, as part of the Festival Books at Delapre Abbey in Northampton, I'm running a workshop on 'Creating Fictional Characters'. Now, I appreciate that not all of you live within spitting distance of the county, but if you did happen to be free it would be lovely to see some friendly faces looking back at me.

The site is worth a visit for its own sake. There has been an abbey there for over 900 years, but it fell into a sad state during the 1990s. Now the building and the beautiful grounds have been restored and it is a venue for all sorts of activities.

Tickets can be booked here.

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful building. Ad what a fantastic place for you to teach a workshop. I hope it's absolutely wonderful for you! How many people are you expecting, Julia? Wish I could be there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. There are, nominally, 40 tickets available, but I'm expecting 8-12. That'll be plenty.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on the workshop. Sadly, we are too far away for me to take advantage. Have a great time with it. It sounds like it's in a lovely place. I love old restored buildings, and my husband especially likes to take pictures of old churches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just been looking at the lovely photos on your recent post, Elizabeth. Shame you can't pop over here!

      Delete
  3. Great location – I hope it goes really well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Patsy. It's all written and ready to be delivered.

      Delete
  4. That sounds brilliant, and lovely setting.

    ReplyDelete